Friday, September 25, 2009

YMCA Metro Central - fitness club and child minding service

For those of you who have read this blog before you might remember the post about the YMCA Family Development Centre. This time I want to tell you about the fitness centre and the child minding service. I went last Monday to try out the spinning class and I had to leave my little Achille to the baby sitting service.
The 45 minute spinning class was not long and intense enough for me, I wanna really sweat when I go to the gym but I also get my workout carrying Achille around... and as for the child minding service, it's a pretty good deal. $4.26 an hour or $28 for 7 hours and kids get to play or get some sleep in a big playroom with toys, activities and cribs for the little ones. No TV which I really liked:)
Child minding is open 7 days a week. However it is open 5-8pm mondays, wednesdays and fridays only.
Staff and volunteer are friendly and reassuring, with experience and they will make you feel relaxed and cool the 1st time you drop off your baby. If necessary they can change diapers, warm up a bottle and they always want to know where you gonna be in the building in case of a problem. Time is limited to 2 hours but would you exercise for more than 2 hours anyways?
I want to try out other classes and the pool before joigning the club as it is quite of a budget (around $60 per month + child minding) but a good gym with child care downtown, what other options do I have? They also packages with special prices for the whole family.
There's plenty of fitness classes to choose from as well as fitness equipment and a large variety of sports, including squash, swimming or badminton. For info on the activities and schedule go to http://www.ymcatoronto.org/en/files/PDF/hfr_program_schedules/metro_program_fall09.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment