Monday, September 21, 2009

Meetup.com

As dynamic moms we are all looking for something to do in the city or someone to talk to (beside our little one) and when we live downtown it is not that easy. I guess many families live outside Toronto so when it comes to meeting downtown moms they are rare:) I have been trying to meet new people through different activities and I found out that the meetup.com website has more than 40 moms groups in the GTA but only a very few downtown. I just joined a group in the West End and I should be meeting with the group later on this week but based on your location, hobbies and lifestyle there might be a group for you. The website is easy to use, you enter your interests (such as "moms"), country and postal code and the system will populate a list of groups for you. Then just pick the one you want and because many of those groups are private, you need to apply and answer a couple of questions about yourself. It's free. Once you are approved you can review the activities and other members' profile. If you are interested in one of the activities just say YES... As simple as that, that might be a good way to meet new people and if you forget about activities you will be emailed reminders. When I first came to Toronto, I met some really good friends through a meetup group so why not again this time?

No comments:

Post a Comment