Friday, June 26, 2009

Le Provence Restaurant in Cabbagetown Toronto


If you have a tough baby Le Provence might not be the best place to go to but otherwise this restaurant located in Cabbagetown is amazingly quiet and peaceful and the food is delicious. They have a big nice patio for hot summer days and evenings and if you should go in the wintertime the room is comfortable and cozy with lot of white painting and bright colors. Not too many tables which makes a good spot for a "family" night out.
Surprisingly prices are fairly low and what you pay for what you get is excellent. They have a A la Carte menu but the three course menu is much more attractive as you can pick anything you want from the appetizers, entrees and desserts for I believe $37, including foie gras if you like it and a delicious tarte tatin or creme brulee.
Provence is a region located in the south east of France but you will find dishes and inspirations from all over the country. The only downside I would say is that you have to pay for the french baguette but it is fresh and still warm from the oven!!
They also have a pretty big wine list, including french wines, but my husband could tell you much more than me about wines: I drink it but don't get to choose it!!!
They also have a brunch on Sundays but the dining experience is much better..., in my humble opinion.
Their website is at http://www.provencerestaurant.com/ and I can't help but thinking this is a nice place as my husband and I went there for dinner when I told him I was pregnant and I couldn't have any of the foie gras....

No comments:

Post a Comment