Thursday, June 25, 2009

Afternoon Tea at the Four Seasons

Some of you might think that I spent the last 24 hours at the Four Seasons exclusively trying out all their eating options but actually I have been catching up on all the places I went to since my little Achille was born, meaning 3.5 months ago.
So let's talk about the afternoon tea at the Four Seasons. First of all, it is really not my favourite... Even though I like the classy setup with white tablecloth and nice tableware I must say that you feel a little in the hallway as the room is in the main lobby up two or three steps.
Regarding food, they open at 12.30 but make sure you had a solid breakfast before you go as your stomach (and your taste buds) might feel frustrated... However, those little sandwiches, scones with butter or a lemon spread (tastes like a lemon tart!!) and pastries are sooo good. That's the issue really: because everything is good you would want more but the only thing you can get a refill for is hot water for your tea! But if you are really hungry when you're done with your afteroon tea, you can always order a real big sandwich or a steak!
As for babies, you can read the post about the brunch at the Four Seasons but I would say that the afternoon tea is not the most baby friendly of all, except that we went there other guests were really friendly and nice to the baby.
View pictures and the menu at http://www.fourseasons.com/toronto/dining/lobby_bar.html

No comments:

Post a Comment